Losing weight can be challenging and everyone’s body is different. What works for one person may not work for everyone. We are going to go over the most common foods personal trainers in Boca Raton recommend to include into your diet to help you lose weight. As well as some pointers when it comes to making exercise a part of your daily routine.
When It Comes To Food And Losing Weight:
Write a list of the foods you eat on a daily basis, how often you eat throughout the day, and the portions of food you are eating. You may have to keep track for a week or so if you do not know. Once you have your daily food intake you will be able to analyze it and see where you are going wrong and try out a new eating habit. Below are the recommended foods and also foods to avoid. Raw Ethics, a personal trainer in Boca Raton, highly recommends following these food tips when wanting to lose weight:
Foods To Eat To Help You Lose Weight
- Dark, leafy greens (spinach, kale, romaine, collards, turnip & mustard greens)
- Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, or broccoli
- Rinse and strained canned beans (chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans)
- Frozen or fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, & strawberries)
- Whole grains & ancient grains (quinoa, teff)
- Skinless chicken
- Raw or dry-roasted nuts
- Low-fat Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
Foods To Avoid To Help You Lose Weight
- Processed foods
- Any canned veggies
- Starchy vegetables (corn, peas, potatoes, pumpkin, squash, & yams)
- Canned baked beans
- Processed fruit drinks
- Canned or dried fruit
- Refined grains (white bread, rice, crackers, pretzels, & pasta)
- Sugary cereals
- Red Meat (beef, pork, & lamb)
- Processed meats (deli meats, hot dogs, & sausages)
- Flavored yogurts
- Processed cheese
- Fried foods, baked goods, & processed snack foods
Try to add in the recommended foods and avoid the bad foods! On top of figuring out which foods you should be eating, next is how often and the portion. There is no right answer for how often. How many calories you intake determines how often you should be eating. An average woman should eat about 2000 calories per day to maintain, and 1500 calories to lose one pound of weight per week. An average man should eat about 2500 calories to maintain, and 2000 to lose one pound of weight per week. Overall, cut back on those unhealthy foods, do not starve yourself, and do not stuff yourself when eating!
When It Comes To Exercising And Losing Weight
Now that you have an idea of how you should eat, next is exercise! If you really want to lose weight combining a healthy diet with exercise will help you lose weight faster. Find out exercises you enjoy or at least are able to get through without completely dreading it. Now make sure you exercise at the very least 3-4 times a week. Ideally, you should be exercising a minimum of 30 minutes per day.
Tips To Help You Get Into An Exercise Routine
- Go with a friend – Find a friend who is already a constant gym goer or someone you know will always be down to exercise with you and have a persistent schedule for you both to go. Meeting up with a friend will help keep you in a routine.
- Take group classes or boot camps – Take a group class or boot camp every day or every other day. A set time for a class or boot camp will keep you in a routine.
- Plan time for exercise every day – A set time every day that you are giving up to exercise can help you get in a routine. You have to treat it like an appointment you cannot miss. Putting exercise in a calendar or setting an alarm can help you so you do not miss your “appointment!”
- Find a personal trainer – You can have set days and times where you meet with a personal trainer every week. This helps you get in a routine and you will most likely not miss a session that you are paying for. On top of this, they will guide you and build you a workout plan and food plan.
Raw Ethics offers private personal training in Boca Raton. Raw Ethics can create their clients’ workout and food plans specifically geared to those who are wanting to lose weight. Call or visit Raw Ethics website for more information about Boca Raton personal weight loss training!